Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wine, Women and Fun!

Six months ago, I didn't even realize there was 'wine country' in Missouri. Today, I not only realize Missouri has a few wineries, but we are considered one of the best wine states in the US. Go figure!
How did I stumble upon this delicious tidbit of information? I started working in a winery, of course. Talk about a lifestyle change! I remember clearly how nervous I was going in for that interview. Did I look the part? Could I act the part? I mean, let's be honest. The extent of my wine experience was grabbing the prettiest bottle from the shelf at the grocery store and hoping it didn't taste like sour vinegar or turpentine-fruit juice.
Today, I know a considerable bit more about wine. And, about the people who drink it. Which is the whole point of this rant.
The first thing I noticed is that wineries, for the most part, tend to attract women far more than they do men. I have a theory on this phenomenon. A winery lends elegance to your day. How much fun is it to say to someone, "We are going to this little winery for lunch. You absolutely must join us sometime! They have the most spectacular lunch and their wines are to die for!" It just sounds so...so...important. Educated. Elegant.
And, of course, every winery has a small section where they sell wine-related goods. T-shirts. Wine bags. Wine glasses. Sausage. Cheese. Corkscrews. And, suddenly, I understand...it's all about the shopping!
Men who drink wine enjoy it in the privacy of their home or some quaint little restaurant. Women want to go out in public, drink as much free alcohol as they can, have a nice girly lunch, and SHOP!
So, to help support my fellow women and their need for alcohol and shopping, I've created these great little charms. Wine Glass Charms. No, I didn't come up with the idea, although I'd like to claim I did. I simply saw some for sale and thought, "How absolutely FABULOUS! I must make some of those!" and voila.
These little babies are something every woman needs. Why, you may ask? Tell me, have you ever been sitting around drinking with your friends and everyone has a glass that looks the same, and suddenly you've had one too many and you can't remember which glass was yours and which was your friend's friends glass (who, by the way, has a gum infection that is causing her teeth to rot out)? Well, here's your simple, elegant, fun solution. Put a charm on your glass!
So, come and visit us here in wine country, buy one of my gorgeous wine glass charms, sit out in the garden and listen to our live music, but please remember....we don't really spit the wine back out when we taste.

No comments: